1. Sun MVG is a tiered loyalty programme ("Sun MVG") that is exclusive to participating Sun International gaming and hospitality businesses ("Sun International"). View the complete list of participating Sun International hotels and casinos.
2. Sun MVG members must be at least 18 years old. Excluded persons (i.e. self-excluded, persons refused access, or any other category of excluded persons) and juristic persons are prohibited from participation in Sun MVG. The afore-going persons shall forfeit any Benefit accrued to them.
3. Official identification and other mandatory information is required to join Sun MVG. Copies of identification documents and other relevant information will be retained by Sun International.
4. Sun MVG membership is FREE and limited to one membership per person. The membership, and non-cashable points, rewards, offer or any other benefit ("the Benefits") accruing to members are not transferable, and may not be sold or cashed-out, unless otherwise advertised. A complete list of Benefits, which are subject to amendments without notification, is available at Benefits & Rewards page.
5. Benefits cannot be used in conjunction with any other Sun International discounts or promotional offers unless otherwise advertised. In addition, accommodation offers and discounts are subject to availability and the furnishing of mandatory personal information.
6. The prevailing accommodation discounts are based on the valid Tier status. Furthermore, Sun MVG discounts do not apply in conjunction with corporate rates or bookings, or third party agent bookings (e.g. travel agents).
7. Sun MVG loyalty benefits (Tier Credits and MVG Points) are not earned on confidential accommodation rates, when booking by selected travel partners with Sun international.
8. Where applicable, Sun MVG members must be physically present to utilize any Benefit and they will be required to present their valid and active Sun MVG cards.
9. Recognized activities within the various elements of Sun MVG are required to earn non-cashable Casino Points and Leisure Points ("Points") which are earned in line with pre-determined points-earning criteria and rate(s) at which Points are earned ("Points Earning Criteria"). Points Earning Criteria are subject to amendments from time to time without prior notification. The prevailing Points Earning Criteria is available at Sun MVG Cards page. Points may not be earned for conferencing and events at Sun International.
10. Points Earning Criteria may be achieved by Sun MVG members by utilizing their Sun MVG cards or membership (as the case may be) during gaming activities or by presenting it to participating hospitality businesses or third party programme partners. Accrual of Points during gaming activities is made by estimations of average bets placed and length of play recorded against gaming systems. Persons other than the registered Sun MVG member may not accrue Points on behalf of the member. The afore-going conduct will result in the forfeiting of the Points, Tier Credits or Benefits earned, and it shall form grounds for the termination of membership to Sun MVG.
11. Sun MVG tier status is subject to Tier Credits earned during gaming and hospitality activities. Tier Credits are valid for twelve (12) months from earning and used to determine card status. Tier Credits do not constitute any Benefit and cannot be used for any type of transaction. The prevailing Tier Credits to be earned within a twelve (12) month period for the various card statuses is available at Sun MVG Cards page. Card status is re-evaluated annually based on Tier Credits earned.
12. Sun MVG Points (i.e. Casino and Leisure Points) and Tier Credits are determined on members' spend less any taxes, levies and gratuities. Play and spend that involves a leg of cashout or cancellation of bets is explicitly excluded.
13. Reasonable steps will be taken to award Points and Tier Credits for gaming activities on a near real time basis or after the outcome of the bet has been determined (as the case may be). For hospitality or leisure spend, Points and Tier Credits may be awarded within 24 hours of settling in full the costs incurred.
14. Although Points are non-cashable it is expressed in rands for the sake of convenience. Points are valid for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of issue after which it expires without any option of accrual towards a new cycle. Sun International is not obligated to remind Sun MVG members of expiring points.
15. In respect of Sunbet, the following conditions apply to Sun MVG members:
a. Points will be calculated towards an award for sports betting on SunBet within 24 hours post game result – provided that you have linked your MVG account (fill it in or check if it has been auto populated under the account profile page).
b. Casino and Leisure Points are earned on sports and other games at a percentage of the theoretical spend.
c. In order to earn points in a month you need to have played enough to earn at least 1 MVG point for Casino and Leisure.
d. A player will be penalised for initiating a withdrawal after redeeming MVG points for Casino or Sports bonuses before they have completed the wagering requirements of forfeiting any related bonus balance.
e. There is a one times (1x) wagering requirement when a player redeems MVG Points to the Casino wallet. E.g If 100 MVG Points (R100) are redeemed, the user needs to wager R100 before winnings are converted to Cash and reflects in the Cash wallet – any winnings before this will reflect in the Casino Bonus wallet.
16. Sun International reserves the right to, amongst other rights, amend or withdraw Sun MVG card status, these terms and conditions, Benefits, Points Earning Criteria, Tier Credit criteria, participating entities and third party programme partners in its sole discretion and without prior notice or consultation with Sun MVG members. In addition, Sun International reserves the right to cancel Sun MVG at any time by giving reasonable notice.
17. Certain Benefits may be subject to qualifying criteria. The onus shall at all times rest with Sun MVG members to ensure that they are aware of the qualifying criteria. Furthermore, Benefits provided by third party programme partners or other participating businesses may be, in addition to the Sun MVG terms and conditions, subject to further terms and conditions of the respective third party programme partners or participating businesses.
18. Sun MVG cards remains the property of Sun International at all times. A fee may be levied for replacement or secondary player cards ("Linked Cards").
19. Sun MVG cards are PIN code enabled. Notwithstanding the afore-going security measure, the responsibility to prevent the loss of Benefits, Value or Points linked to Sun MVG cards (inclusive of Linked Cards) shall, insofar as the Sun MVG cards are concerned, shall rest with Sun MVG members. The use of Linked Cards are subject to the casino's discretion especially during peak periods.
20. Points earned via Linked Cards shall accrue to the primary Sun MVG card balance and it may only be utilized by the respective registered Sun MVG member.
21. Sun MVG members consent to being included in Sun International's marketing mailing list, however, such members may elect to opt out of receiving marketing correspondence by using the appropriate links in emails to unsubscribe or replying STOP to a SMS or utilizing other means offered by Sun International to exercise this right, including but not limited to, requesting such opt-out at any participating Sun International entity. Sun MVG members undertake to notify Sun International of any errant marketing communications received following their opt-out request, bearing in mind that opt-outs may only become effective after a reasonable period following the request.
22. To enable Sun International to provide premium Benefits through Sun MVG it requires up-to-date and correct personal information of its members. Personal information includes the prescribed information falling within the definitions of personal or special personal information as set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 ("Protected Personal Information"). The Protected Personal Information of Sun MVG members which Sun International may process include the following:
a. Names, identity numbers, contact details, addresses, occupations;
b. Information regarding whether Sun MVG members are politically exposed or prominent influential persons;
c. Preferences and opinions
23. Sun MVG members give express consent to Sun International to obtain, process and further process their Protected Personal Information for any lawful purposes relating to the Sun MVG members' participation in Sun MVG including to:
a. allow Sun MVG members to participate in Sun MVG;
b. provide premium Benefits through Sun MVG;
c. verify the identity of Sun MVG members;
d. process Points and Tier Credits of Sun MVG members;
e. monitor and analyse the conduct on Sun MVG members' membership accounts and profile for fraud, compliance and other risk-related purposes;
f. carry out statistical and other analyses to identify potential markets and trends and/or develop new products and services;
g. to carry out certain marketing activities as set out in clause 18 above;
24. Furthermore, Sun MVG members agree and consent to Sun International retaining their Protected Personal Information for such periods as Sun International may determine is necessary for its legitimate business security and record keeping purposes. Specifically, Sun MVG members also give express consent to Sun International to disclose their Protected Personal Information –
a. to any person that provides services (which services may include verifying, updating and processing Protected Personal Information) to Sun International or acts as Sun International's agent or to whom Sun International have transferred or propose to transfer any of its rights and duties in respect of Sun MVG memberships (some of these persons may be located outside of the Republic of South Africa), and share Sun MVG members' Protected Personal Information with Sun International's service providers, locally and outside the Republic of South Africa, as necessary. Sun International may ask persons who provide services to Sun International to agree to Sun International's privacy policies if they need to access any Protected Personal Information to carry out their services;
b. to Sun International's legal advisors, financial advisors, auditors or a competent court in legal proceedings; and
c. to any entity which is part of Sun International's group of companies for purposes related to Sun MVG members' participation in Sun MVG.
25. Protected Personal Information may be updated by Sun MVG members online (where applicable) or by visiting participating Sun International entities. The access to and deletion of Protected Personal Information is subject to processes set out in Sun International's PAIA manual which is also available at www.suninternational.com/investors/governance.
26. Sun MVG members accept that Sun International takes reasonable and practical steps to safeguard Protected Personal Information in its possession. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Sun MVG members hereby indemnify and holds harmless Sun International, its employees and agents against any liability, damages and/or legal action whatsoever and howsoever arising, including negligence on the part of Sun International, its employees or agents and Sun International shall not accept liability for any damages or any type of loss suffered by Sun MVG members when utilizing the Sun MVG programme and its Benefits.
27. Sun MVG members accept that it is possible for errors or system malfunctions to occur. In such instances Sun International reserves the right to adjust Points, Benefits and Tier Credits accrued by Sun MVG members in such instances.
28. Sun International reserves the right to terminate the membership of Sun MVG members who breach these terms and conditions or whose conduct, when exercising any Benefit or using any of Sun International's facilities, is deemed at its sole discretion to be undesirable. In addition, Sun International reserves the right to unilaterally utilize Leisure Points to settle any debt owed for the use of hospitality facilities or food and beverage charges.
29. In the event that Sun International makes any indulgence or deviation of these terms and conditions in favour of Sun MVG members, then such indulgence or deviation shall not be misconstrued to be a breach or waiver of these terms and conditions or any rights of Sun International.
30. The above clauses are severable from each other. In the event that any clause or part thereof is unenforceable in law, then that clause or part thereof shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the surviving clauses and parts thereof shall remain in force.
31. For more information on MVG Benefits & Rewards please click here https://www.suninternational.com/mvg/