The Ashes Fifth Cricket Test 2022 preview
By Greg Stewart
Australian Cricket will host England for the fifth and final Ashes 2021-22 Test on Friday 14th till Tuesday 18th Jan 2022 at the Bellerive Oval, Hobart, Tasmania.
Australia are in control with a 3-0 lead in the series and will look to end the tour with a clean record.
It took only one ball to set the tone for this test series when Mitchell Starc shattered Rory Burns’ stumps with the first ball of the first test match. Australia won convincingly at the Gabba and followed up with wins in Adelaide in the second test and again in the Boxing Day Test at the MCG, where England were humiliatingly bowled out for only 68 runs to lose by an innings and Aussie debutant bowler Scott Boland taking 6 wickets for only seven runs. That innings defeat came despite the Australian first inning of 267.
Why the last test matters at all?
- After conceding the first three tests England were able to save some dignity with a hard-fought draw in the 3rd test in Sydney.
- England come into this game with the hope to record their first victory in the Ashes Cricket series while Australia would love to send them home without a win.
Details & Betting options:
- Test to be played at the Bellerive Oval, Hobart. It & will begin at 06H00 (SA Std time)
- Australia and England have never met at this venue for a Test match before
- The ground is known for its slow Pitch & favours spin bowlers.
- Australia have played 13 International Cricket Tests here and have won nine, lost twice and drawn two Test Matches here.
- Top run scorer – Australia 1st innings – Marnus Labuschagne at 3.75 : 1 on SunBet
- Top wicket taker – Australia 1st innings – Mitchell Stark at 4 : 1 on SunBet
- Player of the match – Steven Smith at 8: 1 on SunBet